Green Transportation & Logistics World Summit
Marriott Hotel, Zurich: February 19-21, 2008
Learn how to go green the business-efficient way, and communicate these efforts to your customers, partners, and the public
94% of supply chain professionals rate green issues as a business priority - but how many of them know what actions to take to green their supply chains?
The Green Transportation & Logistics World Summit is dedicated to turning environmental business goals into real collaborative achievements by providing a forum in which all areas of the transportation and logistics industry can come together to discuss the issues and make firm plans to green their logistics in a informed and strategic way.
Simply put this is the only event that will show you how to turn rising fuel and energy costs, and complex rules and regulations into opportunities to improve your relationships with customers and partners, set a realistic logistics greening agenda early, and reduce your bottom line and your environmental footprint.
Come Learn With Us...
At the Green Transportation & Logistics World Summit we will educate the industry and facilitate new partnerships and collaborative greening efforts between associates and competitors. The aim of this event is to form the participants into a united group with the action plans and knowledge they need to go green the business-efficient way, and communicate these efforts to their customers, partners, and the public.The goal of the Summit will be threefold:
- Environmental Footprint Measurement: To discover the ways in which your transportation and logistics are effecting the environment.
- Environmental Performance Reporting: To hear best practices on Corporate Sustainability Reporting, share your companies' practices with the industry, and benchmark.
- Environmental Performance Improvements: To learn the ways in which you can green your transportation and logistics from the industry experts, collaboratively develop an industry-wide action blueprint for each mode and vertical, and make your company one of the leaders by pledging to reduce your environmental footprint.
Global supply chains need worldwide goals, and the key to the Green Transportation & Logistics World Summit is to bring the worldwide industry together to decide upon and pledge to work towards reasonable and concrete goals that will make a real difference to the environment. Join us at our pioneer World Summit, where the leading retailers, manufacturers, 3/4PLs, carriers, technology providers, container lines and ports will meet to discuss the industry's green goals and plans. The time to act is now, and the place to pledge that you will make real change is here. Why come to this event?
Don't get left behind - Be part of the worldwide forum for green logistics where the new industry standards will be discussed and decided
There is a rash of green conferences for manufacturers and retailers appearing these days, but what actually comes out of them is hard to pin-down. The goal of the Green Transportation & Logistics World Summit is different - it's to assemble the group of industry executives who actually make the decisions and have the ability to follow-up this meeting with real changes to the way their companies do business. The idea is not to talk about what could be done - it's to decide what must be done and how and why to do it.
With this in mind, the format of the Summit will include both informative presentations and key meetings where industry players from all verticals and modes will pro-actively decide what environmental performance improvements are reasonable and necessary for their sectors, working ahead of government compliance regulations. These committees will then present their findings to the delegation and ask their colleagues to join them in pledging their intention to strive to reach these green targets within a twelve month timeframe.
If you want a say in these key decisions, and want to be one of the thought leaders in this area, you need to join your colleagues and peers at the Green Transportation & Logistics World Summit.
This is not an elite group: though the CEOs and Senior Level executives will all be there, the Summit - and the opportunity it brings - is open to all companies of all sizes, whether they are experts in green logistics, or are only getting started. The point is that no matter what stage you have reached, now is the time to decide the next steps you will be taking, over the next 12 months, to bring your greening efforts up to speed.
And, of course, the Summit will give you the chance to find out not only why it's imperative to go green, but also how, with a faculty of industry-leading speakers teaching you how to
- Predict and plan for environmental regulation compliance
- Build energy efficiency into your strategic 3PL relationship
- Work with your suppliers to reduce your carbon footprint
- Measure your carbon footprint and report your starting point and your goals
- Work with carriers to increase fuel mileage dramatically and clean up emissions
- Reduce your supply chain's vulnerability to the availability and price of oil
- Achieve greater sustainability in urban distribution operations, warehouses and DCs
- Find the intermodal shipping solutions that are right for your needs
- Reduce potential liabilities and manage environmental risk
- Improve public relations and brand reputation, and build investor interest
… and much more!
NOW to guarantee your place at this exclusive event: only 200